To ensure that the service hierarchy is populated to OMW you have to apply server patch OMW_00016; this patch has been superseded by OMW_00048 and available in http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM753892?searchIdentifier=d818bd7%3a1235068c088%3a-6e2&resultType=document&documentURL=KM753892&resultsURL=%2fselfsolve%2fpatches&allowReturn=true
The official steps are:
Following are the steps used to solve this particular (SiteScope) problem:
1. Uninstall SiteScope Discovery policy from the node
2. ovc -stop agtrep
3. Delete all files in directory: C:/Documents and Settings/All Users/Application Data/HP/HP BTO Software/tmp/agtrep/
4. ovc -start agtrep
5. install the server patch OMW_00016 on your OMW server system.
6. Then in order for the SiteScope Discovery policy to be corrected, the policy must be opened up, modified, saved, and redeployed.
In order to modify the policy, just change the schedule time of the policy.
What I have done is:
On the OMW server I installed the OMW_00048 Patch
on The Sitescope machine
1. ovc -stop agtrep
2. Delete all files in directory: C:/Documents and Settings/All Users/Application Data/HP/HP BTO Software/tmp/agtrep/
3. ovc -start agtrep
once the service is started the temp directory will be populated by the services xml file
4. then I ran the command ovagtrep –publish
Once it finished the Service hierarchy in OMW is populated