Windows 7 Articles:
- How to Boot your Machine from VHD using Windows 7 and Windows 2008 R2 http://mahmoudthoughts.blogspot.com/2009/03/boot-your-physical-machine-from-vhd.html
- How to convert VHD for Windows 7 to be used in Microsoft PC and Hyper-V http://mahmoudthoughts.blogspot.com/2009/05/converting-windows-7-boot-from-vhd-to.html
I have also added a new series of articles under the name of "What is WMI" to give you a solid background WMI and Powershell.
I started by describing Microsoft Management Strategy http://mahmoudthoughts.blogspot.com/2009/05/1-what-is-wmi.html then I will later describe what is WMI and how to retrieve data from WMI using vbscript and Powershell Plus some details Powershell v1 and v2 and finally WS-Management.
I have added some technical Articles about Powershell; I will rewrite it all later this month because all the articles below are based on Hyper-V role in Windows 2008 and the articles I will add will be related to generic use not require certain component.
- Using powershell in article named Just touching Powershell http://mahmoudthoughts.blogspot.com/2009/03/just-touching-powershell.html
- Creating VHD files by using PowerShell Creating Dynamically Expanded VHD using Powershell
- How to Mount VHD to your Physical machine How to Mount Disks to your physical Machine using Powershell
- In details powershell how to use its commandlets and attributes and how to excutes different methods Creating Differencing VHD using Powershell; read it to the end
- Article for People that they rapidly change the locations for parent VHD files Reconnect VHD Parent Disk
- How to create functions "something like commandlet" in powershell Creating Functions in PowerShell